Transportation in Destin Florida
You’ve booked your airfare, your beach condo through Gibson Beach Rentals is all taken care of – what’s next? If you’ve never traveled here before, there are a few options for transportation in Destin Florida, depending on what’s best for your needs.
1) Renting a Car : This is by far the most popular option to use when you’re visiting the Emerald Coast. Many rental car options are available at the airports when you land that can hook you up with a car for the duration of your stay. Hertz Rental Car is a preferred partner with GBR and our guests receive 10% off on their rentals. There are also local options like Guardian Rental Car in Miramar Beach that can help you out.
2) Resort Shuttle : If you’re staying in a Gibson Beach Rentals property inside Sandestin or Tops’L Resorts, there is a shuttle provided to take you all around their property. It’s a great way to access the beaches and restaurants without having to walk with all your bags. These shuttles do not leave resort property though, so keep that in mind.
3) Uber : The Emerald Coast finally has Uber! If you’re not familiar, Uber is a rideshare program of locals giving rides. You can schedule a pickup from their app at anytime and track your drivers progress, see their rating from past passengers, and pay easily through the app. You may be sharing your ride with other passengers, depending on your options, but it’s one of the most affordable ways to get around. Use Promo Code: x69geeb9ue to help rack up FREE ride credits!
4) 654 Limo : Another of our GBR preferred partners, 654 Limo has a variety of options to help. Outside of the standard limo rentals, they offer car or SUV service for a night on the town (get 10% off through the GBR app!). They also operate a shuttle that runs through Destin, from HarborWalk Village to Edgewater, with various stops along the way including Pompano Joes, Crab Trap, and Surf Hut. The shuttle is free to ride if you can make it to one of their pick up areas!
5) 30A Trolley : Sunshine Shuttle created the 30A Trolley to help guests avoid the traffic along scenic highway 30A. Their shuttles run from Cypress Dunes through 30A Avenue, from Memorial Day through Labor Day, noon-10pm daily. With 11 confirmed stops and multiple vehicles running, this is a great, free way to experience all of 30A.
6) Bike Rentals : A lot of Destin and 30A areas are bike friendly and very easy to navigate around. Bikes ‘R’ Us in Destin is a preferred partner with GBR and offer $5 off weekly rental rates for both kids and adults (find out more info in your GBR app!). Most places offer free drop offs, and you can easily ride to and from the beach or other various nearby areas.
7) 5Ride : If you’re bringing a group with you and are looking for affordable airport transportation to your resort, 5Ride offers an airport shuttle for $5 per person with parties of five people or more.
With so many options for transportation in Destin Florida, there is something for everyone. Spend a day checking out each area on the shuttles, or rent a bike or a car to go at your own pace. Either way, enjoy your stay at your Gibson Beach Rentals property and have a great beach vacation!